B 1、_______ the work, he went back home on foot. A finishing B having finished C to finish D finished flying 2、There is a bird _____ in the sky. (fly)
Turning around, she saw a police car driving up. Looking out of the window, I saw some children playing football. (When) hearing the news, he couldn’t help laughing.
注：在作时间状语的分词前，可加连词while,when，介 词after, before,on.
Be careful when crossing the street.
Don’t mention this while talking to him. On arriving in London, he managed to get in touch with her. =As soon as he arrived in London, ….
Being poor, he couldn’t go to school. Seeing nobody at home, he left them a note. Not knowing his telephone number, I couldn’t get in touch with him.
He came running. She stood waiting for a bus. He sat there reading a book. The students ran out of the classroom, talking and laughing.
The child slipped and fell, hitting his head against the door. Her husband died, leaving her four children. They fired, killing many people in the street.
Using your head, you’ll find a good way. Working hard, you’ll surely succeed.
1. 当v-ing形式所表示的动作发生在谓语动词动 作之前时，应使用完成式：having done Having finished his homework, he rushed out to play basketball. 2. 当v-ing形式与句子的主语之间存在着逻辑上 的动宾关系时，应使用被动式：being done Being helped by the teacher, she will learn English well.
3. 当v-ing形式被动式的动作发生在谓语动词动 作之前时，被动式应使用完成式：having been done Having been shown the lab, we were taken to see the library. Having been translated into many languages, the book was widely read all over the world.
4. v-ing形式作状语时，它的逻辑主语必须与 主句的主语是一致的。 Rushing into the dining-room, supper was waiting for me. Rushing into the dining-room, I found supper was waiting for me. While visiting a strange city, a guide-book is very helpful. While visiting a strange city, you may find a guide-book very helpful.
Note: 在用分词短语作状语时, 它逻辑上的主语一般必
须与句子的主语一致,逻辑主语一般省略 如不一致则要 加上它自己逻辑上的主语, 不能省略这种结构称为:
独 立主格 结 构 1.The Night coming on ,they started for home. 2.The last bus having gone, he had to walk home. 3.Time permitting, we are going to climb the mountain tomorrow.
4.They are talking with the teacher, their children playing outside. 5.It raining, I went to work with an umbrella.
1、分析所充当的成分，现在分词一般在句子 中做后置定语、宾语补足语和状语。 2、找到逻辑主语 3、判断主动和被动 4、判断时态。
Choose the correct sentence.
1. a. Hearing the news, tears ran down her face. b. Hearing the news, she cried out sadly. 2. a. Entering the classroom, I found nobody in it. b. Entering the classroom, nobody was found in it.
3. a. Looking out through the window, the garden was beautiful. b. Looking out through the window, we saw a beautiful garden. 4. a. Reading the evening newspaper, a dog started barking. b. I was reading the evening newspaper when a dog started barking.
5. a. Being fine, we will have the sports meeting next week. b. It being fine, we will have the sports
meeting next week.
He sat there, not knowing what to say.
高考链接 1. We all found his argument convincing and interesting. (P28) [考点] V-ing形式作宾语补足语。 [考例] A cook will be immediately fired if he is found _____ in the kitchen. （NMET 2003） A.smoke B. smoking C. to smoke D. smoked.
[考例] We often provide our children with toys, footballs or basketballs, _____ that all children like these things. (2006全国卷III) A. thinking B. think C. to think D. thought [点拨] 选A。we 与think 之间是逻辑上的主 谓关系。句子相当于：We often provide our children with toys, footballs or basketballs, because we think that all children like these things.
[考例] While watching television, _____.
（2005全国卷II） A． the doorbell rang
B． the doorbell rings
C． we heard the doorbell ring
D． we heard the doorbell rings
[考例] _____ the programme, they have to stay there for another two weeks.
B. Not completed
C. Not having completed
D. Having not completed