高一英语必修三Module 5 Reading课件_图文
Treat others in the way you want to be treated.
孔子(前551～前479)名丘, 字仲尼。 春秋后期伟大的思想家、 教育家, 儒家的创始人。 鲁国人。提出了“仁”的 思想, 是中国古代著名的 思想家和教育家。
Man is born good.
孟子(前372—前289)名轲, 战国中期鲁国邹人。受业 于子思 (孔子之孙，名) 之门人,曾游历于宋、滕、 魏、齐等国，阐述他的政 治主张，还曾在齐为卿。 晚年退而著书，传世有 《孟子》七篇。是战国中 期儒家的代表。
All human beings are equal.
墨翟(公元前468— 376),人们尊称墨子。 他是战国初年的鲁 国人,大约生于公元 前468年,死于公元 前376年。 Mozi
Warming up order principle stress resign adviser influential equal importance state philosopher thinker ruler
Phrases be similar to bring up be at war follow one’s advice as a result look after
问题一：What’s main idea of the passage?
A. The author wants to make people believe in the teachings by thinkers of ancient. B. The author wants to introduce three influential philosophers of ancient China. C. The author wants to tell interesting stories about three important teachers in ancient China. D. The author wants to show the history of philosophy in ancient China.
war 1. States were often at peace with each other in ancient China. F 2. Confucius’ ideas have the greatest influence on China. T 3. Mencius resigned from the government, because the first ruler didn’t respect him. F follow his advice
4. Mencius spent all his life preparing a book of his teachings called The Book of Mencius. F his last years 5. Mozi’s beliefs were the same as those of Confucius. F similar to
问题一：Can you choose the correct answers? 1. The Chinese people ___ A for over 2,000 years. A. followed Confucius’s teachings B. followed Mencius’s teachings
2. Confucius stressed the importance of the following aspects except _____. B A. kindness B. friendship C. order D. duty 3. “If the government was kind, then people would be good.” is the teaching of ______. A A. Mencius B. Confucius C. Mozi D. Xunzi
4. Which shows the right order of time when the three great thinkers lived? A. Confucius– Mencius – Mozi B. Mencius – Mozi – Confucius C. Confucius – Mozi – Mencius D. Mozi – Mencius – Confucius
问题二：Can you fill in the chart ?
Introduction about __________ Confucius _______ 551BC – 479BC
greatest influence (more than2,000years)
importance of kindness ________, ____ duty and _____ order in society
good 1. Man is______. government good, 2. If the ____________is people then ______will be good. 3. People are more important than______. rulers 4. He hates the state when it badly treats people______. Mencius
Life length Thoughts
476BC-390BC 1. ____________is Government most important. equal 2. All men are________. love 3. We should _____all human beings and look after those weaker who are ________than ourselves. 4. He hates ______. war
Find the attributive clauses in the passage.
Give your explanation about the attributive clauses.
1.Ancient China was a place where states were often at war with each other. 2.But it was also a time when there were many great philosophers. 3. Confucius(551BC-479BC) is the philosopher whose influence has been the greatest.
4.Mencius believed that the reason why man is different from animals is that man is good. 5.Mozi was another teacher who was very influential. 6.Born in 476 BC, he came from a family which was very poor.
一. Fill in the blanks with the right form of the given words. kindness
1. I can’t thank you enough for your__________ (kind). 2. Can you name some famous _________ (think) in history in thinkers your country? importance 3. Many people have realized the ___________ (important) of protecting the environment. influential 4. It is a highly __________ (influence) art magazine in our country. teachings 5. His _________ (teach) were not accepted by most people at that time. adviser (advise) to work 6. The manager hired (聘用) a legal _________ for his company.
提升性训练 In ancient China, private teachers traveled from state
state to s_______ explaining their philosophy p________ Confucius was the most important of the ancient Chinese p________ philosophers Confucius’s teachings t_________ influenced society for more thinkers included than 2000 years. Other important t_______ Mencius and Mozi. All three teachers believed in the i_________ of kindness and good government. Mencius’s importance ideas were very similar to those of Confucius, but some teachings were very different. For example, of Mozi’s t_________ war and believed that strong he hated the idea of w_____ people should l_____________ weaker people. look after
1. Read the passage again and review the new words and expressions.
2. Retell the text in 5-10 sentences.